Founded in 1936, the Urban Land Institute is a member supported 501©3 nonprofit research and education organization. With members in 95 countries worldwide, the Institute represents the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines working in both private enterprise and public service. As the preeminent multidisciplinary real estate forum, ULI facilitates an open exchange of ideas, information, and experience among local, national, and international industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating better places.
At the District Council level, ULI Nevada supports the best practices in land use through Smart Growth programs, networking events and project tours. By offering nonpartisan, unbiased expertise to community leaders, we can positively influence such issues as compact development, transportation, urban design and workforce housing.
Based in Las Vegas, ULI Nevada provides trustworthy information and offers a place where members grow professionally and personally by sharing and cultivating ideas, mentoring and problem solving. Our members gain access to opportunities for professional development through active involvement in committee work, topical programs and networking. The membership represents the entire continuum of land use and real estate development disciplines including developers, builders, investors, architects, public officials, planners, real estate brokers, appraisers, attorneys, engineers, lenders, academics and students.
We are committed to:
• Bringing together leaders from across the fields of real estate and land use policy to exchange best practices and serve community needs
• Fostering collaboration within and beyond ULI’s membership through mentoring, dialogue, and problem solving
• Exploring issues of urbanization, conservation, regeneration, land use, capital formation, and sustainable development
• Advancing land use policies and design practices that respect the uniqueness of both the built and natural environments
• Sharing knowledge through education, applied research, publishing, and electronic media
• Sustaining a diverse global network of local practice and advisory efforts that address current and future challenges.